Don’t you wish to enjoy the tranquillity of travelling alone to a holiday destination all by yourself? Then, visit Oslo, where you can enjoy the beautiful landscapes, vibrant art scene, and lavish restaurants. The city is fast-becoming a favourite getaway for single women travellers.
Here are some basic tips for women travellers visiting Oslo, which assures a wonderful and safe vacation.
- You'd love hitchhiking in Oslo, and for an avid outdoor-activity person, then there's plenty in store from camping, kayaking, to pitching tents. Many solo women travellers enjoy these outdoor activities in Oslo, which are also extremely safe. Do remember to carry mosquito repellents, if you are visiting in summer (June-August), as the mountainous terrain can get mosquito-infested.
- Whilst travelling in summer, carry long-sleeved dresses and a good jacket, sunglasses and sunscreen. Winters can get really cold, so carry thermals and warm clothing.
- Eating out alone in Norway is quite common, and there are plenty of good restaurants and bars in Oslo where you can enjoy dining alone.
- Be extra aware when you are in public places as they are typically the targeted areas by radicals. Also, be cautious while using public transport and steer away from any suspicious objects.
- Avoid walking alone at night in isolated locations like parks to evade pick-pocketing or bag-snatching, which is known to peak during the tourist season (May to September).
Enjoy your solo-travelling stint by booking a hotel in Oslo right now. Make sure the hotel you choose is not in a remote area or too far from the city centre.
Leave a Reply